Thursday, May 25, 2017

I'll Tell You Why I Don't Believe


I'll Tell You Why I Don't Believe In God
A Conversation With a Friend
December 2016

"I'll tell you why I don't believe in God.  Because I was abused as a kid.  What kind of god would let kids be abused. My father abused me all the time and my mother did nothing about it.  I just tried to survive as a kid.  No one helped me out.  We were poor.  We had an outhouse. We didn't have much heat.  We had a coal stove and when we ran out of coal, we just didn't have heat. We never had vacations. My mom was the primary breadwinner. We were really poor.  When I took a bath, I could only have a little bit of water in the tub.  And I used to dream of having a full tub of water when I grew up. I was raised as a Pentecostal Christian but I don't believe in anything now.  No god would let a kid be abused like me".

No comments: