Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Apple Store



The Apple Store
Christianna Mall
Delaware
Saturday, February 14, 2008


I have it in my mind that I want an Itouch from the Apple Store.  It's Saturday night, Valentine's Day and I decide that this is a perfect time to go to this store.  Everyone will be out to dinner and I will just run in and get my Itouch and get home within the hour.

I park and make my way through the mall which is mostly empty.  But then I come to the Apple Store and it is packed. It's jam packed as a matter of fact.  I have to take a number and wait for one of the 30 clerks to help me.

I wait and wait and wait as one person after another leaves the store with bundles of packages. I am stunned at all of this commerce in the midst of our recession.  Capitalism is thriving here.

I get my Itouch and stay up all night, fooling with it.  I love it. I am very happy.

The next week  I go to my Women's Investment Club and suggest we but Apple Stock ASAP.

"What research have you done on it's performance?, " one woman asks.

"Nothing.  I don't need to, " I tell her with great confident.  I tell them about my observations on Saturday night.  They agree with me. We bought the stock. And now, nine years later, this stock continues to make me very happy.

No comments: