Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Misjudging Me



Misjudging Me
Target
Wilmington, DE
December 2016 


I am returning a piece of electronic equipment at Target's The sales clerk interrupts me and tells me I am including a cord that does not go with the return. 

 "Are you returning this for your grand daughter or daughter or something? Cause this don't go with the ear phones." 

She is referring to the USB cord. Her comment about my family throw me off. 

 "I don't have a daughter or granddaughter so I don't know what that is all about," I tell her.  

Then it dawns on me that she thinks I am too damn old to understand anything about electronics.  She thinks my granddaughter just handled me this package and sent me back to the store with the assignment to get her money back. Now I am going to play with this women a little bit. 

 "For your information, I am tech savvy and this cord does go with these ear phones. Let me show you.  You just think I am too damn old to know this, don't you? You think I don't know what I'm talking about. Admit it."  

She apologizes, we laugh and I get my money back.

No comments: