Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Joan Baez


Joan Baez
Academy of Music
Philadelphia, PA
October 9, 2016


I grew up listening to Joan Baez and her protest songs.  As I listened to her albums, she filled me with her passion of fighting injustices, government, wars, racism, poverty, and gender discrimination.  She talked of injustices around the world. She encouraged peace, love and happiness. So when I acquired tickets to see her recently, I could hardly wait to hear her take on this year's Presidential Election. I went to hear her at the Academy of Music on October 9, just a month before the election.  She didn't make any political statement. She didn't mention the election. She didn't encourage anyone to vote. Her silence on the election was deafening.



To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com