Friday, December 30, 2016

Fish Restaurant


Fish Restaurants
Jamel, Haiti
Summer 2013

There are lots of fish restaurants in Jacmel and most of them are great.  The fishermen catch fish every day and sell their load to the local restaurants.  I went to several of these restaurants during the summer and the routine was the same.  I ordered the fish platter and a large plate would be brought to me.  I never knew what kind of fish I was going to se served and the quantity was always different.  Sometimes I was given three small fish.  Other times I received two medium sized fish but mostly I received one large fish, in tact, eyeballs and all, sliced down the middle and ready for me to pick at it with my fingers.




To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com