Thursday, May 26, 2016

Images of Viet Nam and Cambodia


Viet Nam and Cambodia

June-July 2005



During the summer of 2005, I traveled to Viet Nam and Cambodia for about a month.  Unlike other times I travel, I did not keep a journey of this trip.  My father had just died in March and I left his memorial service in June and flew to Viet Nam for 10 days and then headed to Cambodia for another 10 days.  During the entire time I was here, I did not meet one person over 30 who knew where his father was.  All of these men had gone missing due to the conflicts with us and others. It was hard for me to reconcile this fact and maybe that is why I couldn't write while I was there.




Ankor Wat

bird barbecue


Too poor to go to school

Floating Village

Washing the dishes

Buddhist nun

fisherman

tending the cattle

Ankor Wat

At the market

living on a boat

taking the taxi