Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Outfoxed- VA

Outfoxed

Middlebrook, VA
November 2015


"This damn fox was eating my chickens so I thought I'm going to get that thing.  I set a trap right outside the coop and the next morning, there he was all tangled up in that thing.  I'm looking at his damn dead body and I thought to myself, 'You shithead, you ate three of my chickens, I'm taking your tail.  Maybe it will be worth something.' So I released him and dragged him by his good leg up to my wood block and I placed him on top and I just took one whack with my hatchet and the tail came right off.  But then the fox jumped straight up. Turns out he wasn't dead, he was just playing dead.  Now I'm holding his tail and there is blood all over and his foot is all mangled and I didn't know what to do." Just retelling the story sent him in a slight panic.

"Holy shit, " I yelled out, "So then what didi you do."

"I just took the end of my hatchet and I whacked away at that thing until I was sure he was dead."

"Did you skinny the rest of his hide",  I wanted to know.

"No, at this point, I just wanted to get away from him", he confessed. "I was done."

To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com