Monday, January 25, 2016

YARD DAMAGE

Yard Damage
My Front Yard
Carpenter's Point, MD
August 2013



 Water, I love it and I hate it.  I had just finished planting many new perennials.  I was putting the last plant in the ground and a decayed root was giving me some trouble. I felt a tug, some resistance, on some old ground covering that has long rotted away.  A few hours later, I noticed a puddle right around that last plant.  I ignored it and dismissed it as just a little over watering.  But the next day, water was running down my driveway and accumulating in my neighbor's driveway.

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the plumber who started out with the worse case scenario which put me in a mild panic.  They may have to dig up my entire yard and some of the flooring in the house. Then this big-ass claw shows up and I hurriedly work to put up all the damn plants I just planted. Most were saved but not all of them.  DAMN!!! But I am paying for this machine by the hour.  So I have no other choice but to sacrifice my new Ruby faced Asian lilies.

It turns out the old root from yesterday was wrapped around an old pipe, three feet underneath.  In five minutes, a new pipe is replaced and the dirt is shoveled back on and these two men leave with my $1000 check.  And I had a headache.