Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Where Do You Want to Go?


Where Do You Want to Go?
A Conversation with an Acquaintance
Elkton, MD
Summer 2015

"You're a brave gal for going to India or maybe you're just crazy. I don't know. I think it's more of the latter," she tells me as she comments on my recent trip to the Ganges River.

"So going to India is not your cup of tea?" I ask with a bit of sarcasm.

"Nope, not even the slightest interest" she says in a voice of great certainty. "you know me, I don't like humanity and there is too much humanity in India.  They must do something about that population problem."

"Well, where would you want to go?" I ask.

"I only want to go to places where they speak English and everyone is blond- haired and blue-eyed: Ireland, England, Norway, Scotland.  Places like that," she definitively tells us as our friend, with a beautiful bi-racial son, listens in.

No comments: