Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Reconnecting After All These Years

My friend's Facebook post


Reconnecting

After All These Years

State College, PA

September 2013



 Well, the wonderful Bridget E Kelly and I were FINALLY able to get together yesterday, after not seeing each other for over 21 years!! We both felt that neither of us had changed--not sure if that is a good thing or not. My very brave husband Kevin Wickline, who definitely demonstrated his sense of humor and tolerance of tomfoolery, drove us up to State College, where Bridget and I tried our best to reminisce about, and relive some, old times.

During our Master's Program in 1980-81. And then from 1985-88? We made stops to Zeno's and the Rathskellar. Some minor changes over the years. Unfortunately, The Phyrst Bottle Shop is no longer in existence. And many a memory was made there! And just so you know, Bridget, there is now a credible witness to all that transpired last evening, so you can no longer make stuff up about how it all went down!!! All in all, it was a fantastically fun time with one of the coolest people I have ever known. And so glad it's not just "Somebody That I Used To Know." Somebody that I STILL know.

All reactions:
You, Bobbie Wickline and 9 others
7
1
Like
Comment
Share

7 comments

No comments: