Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Jeopardy

 Jeopardy, The Game Show


The show has been on the air for 35+ years and I never watched it.  But for some reason, I have recently added the show to my list of daily morning watch.  I found a youtube channel that airs it early int eh day and without ads so I watch it on my cell phone before I get up in the morning.  And the more I watch it, the better I am getting in correctly answering the questions. I am beginning to understand how to figure out some of the clues in the categories.

But, regardless, there are just so many areas where I have no basic knowledge.  For instance, I know nothing about:

  • the bible
  • The Middle Ages
  • chemistry
  • the planets
  • the British monacrcy
  • physics
  • world leaders
  • sports (all sports)
  • current pop culture
  • famous movie lines
  • british literature
  • the french revolution
  • ancient civilization
  • anatomy
  • architects other than Frank Lloyd Wright
  • dinosaurs
  • the Roman Empire
  • Shakespeare's plays
  • TV, post 1975

I do know:
  • civil rights leaders
  • geography
  • modern literature
  • current events
  • many capital cities
  • current US leaders
  • some movies and movie lines
  • world religions
  • world foods
  • TV, pre 1970
  • world famous artists
  • world heritage sites
But, to be honest, I would not be a good contestant. I should just stick to playing by myself, privately in my bedroom where there is no consequences for getting the wrong answer.


No comments: