Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Overlook

The Overlook
Thermal Water Pools
Pagosa Springs, CO
July 9th, 2018

It is my birthday and I love to soak in warm water so KT suggested we drive from Boulder to Pagosa Springs to spend a luxurious day in the springs.

There is a very expensive hotel that would have charged us $320 for the night and would have allowed us 24 hours access to the waters.  But we were too cheap to spend all the money for a hotel.

So we booked and AirBnB above the local brewery and scouted out to find a day spa to accommodate  us.

We ended up here and the day was so unsatisfactory.  I knew KT wouldn't like it as much as me because she is not an obsessive soaker.  She gets bored easily and, on the other hand,  I can nap in warm water.  But we both left this place with a hate-on for it.  None of the pools appeared clean.  Most of the pools were too hot for comfort and even though we were told the water could be adjusted, the manager was nowhere to be found.

It rained while we were there which forces us to stay inside where the environment was dark, obsessive and smelly.  KT hated it and showed after 1/2 hour.  I soaked for about two hours and spent most of my time in the cold pool.  We left feeling dirty, unsatisfied and ripped off.

Next time, I am staying at the expensive hotel.


No comments: