Saturday, October 20, 2018

The Letter "B"


The Letter "B"
Some of my memories and thoughts and things:
BIRD
  • Baltimore- Fels Point, the waterfront, Heavy Seas brewery, The American Visuals Arts Museum- favorite places to visit.
  • Beer- my favorite beverage.
  • Boston- I went there in 1978 for the first time and I have been make a few more times.  It is a great city.
  • Brian- my youngest brother, the youngest of the 7 of us.
  • Barak Obama- I met him in 2015.
  • Bengali Tiger- I saw one in Chitwan, Nepal - 2017
  • Bette Midler- I've seen her three times in concert and she is vulgar, funny and full of life.
  • Blue Jays- the hang in my yard and I welcome their beauty.
  • Breakfast- my favorite meal to eat out. However, I rarely eat breakfast in my home.
  • Baboons- they are nasty animals.  I ran in to them in Africa.
  • British Museum- this is one great museum.  It's too bad so much of its artifacts were stolen from other countries.
  • Bhutan- December 2017
  • B
    Bliss
    logging-
    I blog every day.  I think I have 11 active blogs.
  • Bird feeders- I have several in my yard and I get lots of birds.
  • Beth McIlhenny- my college friend.  We stayed friends for 10 years and then I lost contact with her.  This was my loss.
  • Beach Haven, NJ- my family had a home here from 1974 to 2005.
  • Beatles- the greatest musical band of all times.
  • Bill, my brother-in-law
  • Bill- my friends- Brown, McRae, Atwell
  • Books- I have a shitload of books.
  • Broken nose- My nephew smashed in to my face and broke my nose.  My mother realigned it and it hurt like hell.
  • Bus ride across country- it was dreadful- Philadelphia, PA to Tucson, AZ
  • Barry Goldwater- I was raised by R I am grateful for the epublicans and my father wholeheartedly supported Goldwater as a presidential candidate.  Years later, this guy is viewed as a kook.
  • Bermuda- 2009
  • Brandywine Jr. College- I went there as a freshman for the 1973/74 academic year. This school set me on a course for academic success.
  • Bahamas- sat on the beach all day and drank pina coladas.  It was a lovely way to spend a day in January- 1994
  • Bananas- my favorite fruit in my smoothies.
  • Booze- I can't drink anything but beer.  
  • Birds- I love to watch birds.
  • Boats- I am obsessed with the idea of owning a boat, even though a friend of mine told me BOAT means "bring out another thousand."
  • Bullshitter- many people tell me I am a bullshitter.
  • Blue- my favorite color
  • Bartons- our next door neighbors
  • Blue herons- my favorite birds
  • Blue Ball Monkeys- yes I saw them in Tanzania- 2016
  • Brothers- Jimmy, Chris and Brian
  • Blue Booby birds- They hang on Galapagos Islands- 2003
  • Burma- I am not going to call it Marmynar, under protest.  This country is on my bucket list.
  • Basketball- the only sport that O can watch with interest but I have to know the players or it doesn't hold my interest.
  • Beijing, China- Feb 2012
  • Bliss- a huge, wired female sculpture in San Francisco, CA
  • Babies- they make me nervous.
  • Backslope Brewery- MT
  • Bar Hygee- PA- they served mostly sours and they are now closed.
  • Bethlehem Brewery- PA- a great place
  • Bog Turtle brewery- PA
  • Blue Bell Brewery- FL
  • Boxcar Brewery- PA- I liked this place but it just couldn't make it.
  • Brickwork Brewery- DE
  • Bru Brewery- CO
  • Batman- one of my favorite TV shows when I was 10.
  • Blue eyes- my eyes- My niece was teaching English in South Korea to young children. When I went to visit her school, one of her students crawled up on my lap.  We were almost nose to nose and the little girl exclaimed, "Teacher, she has sky blue eyes just like you."
  • Baltic Sea- we passed some sweet little fishing villages- 2013
  • Barnegat Bay- my family home sat on the edge of this beautiful bay.
  • Bering Sea- we sailed in to St. Petersburg.
  • Brandywine River- PA- I learned to kayak on this river.
  • Bikinis- the last time I wore one was in 1973.
  • Bras - I hate wearing a bra. It’s so confining I love that moment at the end of the day when the bra comes off. I feel free at last, free at last free, at last.
  • Bacon-My nephew told me that women tend to grossly underestimate the quantity of bacon that should be prepared for breakfast.
  • Bangladesh- I taught leadership skills to college women in Dhaka in 2019.
  • Barbie Movie- OMG, I loved this movie.
  • Barbados- the first overseas trip after the pandemic- January 2022
  • Blondes and Brewnettes Brewery- PA- they offer a nice variety of beers.
  • Bluefooted Booby Birds- I saw them in Galapogus. I loved them.
  • British Museum- I know they stole everything from everyone else.  But this is stillone great museum.




No comments: