Friday, June 15, 2018

My First Year In West Chester

My First Year In West Chester
Chestnut Square
West Chester, PA
June 15, 2017 - June 14, 2018

I love my apartment and am so glad I made the move last year.
  • I usher for Uptown Theatre and it's a fun gig.  I've seen some great acts and met lots of people.
  • I've attempted to volunteer for the Democratic Club but the organization is so much larger than my Cecil County group that I can't find my way with this organization.
  • I started out walking 5000 steps a day but the winter months deterred me and my efforts are shameless.
  • I don't buy or make coffee anymore because it is free here and that has saved me a fortune.
  • I am not keeping this smaller place any neater than I did with my larger places.
  • There are days that I do not use my car and I love it.
  • I've done some work with a nearby homeless shelter.
  • People are more interested in meeting up with me here than they were in Carpenter's Pint, MD
  • I still have my house and I have just been too lazy to put it on the market.
  • I went to the pool just a few times last summer. I hope I go more often this summer.
  • I miss my garden in MD.
  • I miss my hot tub.
  • I miss the stars.  There are no stars to see in WC.
  • My car spent the winter in an underground parking garage.  I didn't have to clean my car off at all.
  • I didn't shove the sidewalk this year and I got rid of my shovel as a matter of fact.
  • I see more movies now that I live here.
  • I've met a lot of people in the apartment.
  • I now have to work a bit to avoid people.  I'm around them all of the time now.
  • I went to Nepal in November and December and I missed my apartment.  That was a first fro me.  I never miss my home when I travel.
  • I miss all the wildlife in my MD back yard.  I miss the butterflies, the birds, the bugs, the ground hog, the raccoons, the possums, the feral cats and all the other creatures that roamed through my yard.  I don't see any wildlife on my apartment balcony.
  • I watched the Super Bowl and some Penn State games here with large crowds.
  • There is a beer tasting group that meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month in the lounge. These guys know a lot about beer.

No comments: