Saturday, February 21, 2015

Jamaica




 I am in an all inclusive resort in Jamaica and even though it is November and cold at home, I would rather be there then here.  This environment is not healthy for me.  Like everyone else, I feel an obligation to drink my money's worth of alcohol "because after all, I paid for it."  I paid less than $1000 for air flight and four nights, five days of all I could eat, drink, snorkel, kayak or rumba.  But like everyone else, I spend the day plotting my drink menu.  With only lite beer on tap, I ration that I cant drink more because it is less filling.  I also take this time to fall back into my early twenties drinking preferences: tequila sunsrise, screwdrivers, Singapore slings and every other drink that gave me more of a sugar hangover than an alcohol hangover.  I have Bloody Mary's for breakfast just because it is offered.  Someone offers me red wine or white wine for dinner and I have both.

I order a banana daiquiri and the bartender makes me something completely difference.  When I call this to his attention, he tells me, "Madame, I made it special just for you. I make this for all the beautiful ladies.  It is called Sealed with A Kiss".  And for a fleeting moment, I am flattered. And that is when I realize that I should not take another trip to an all inclusive resort.