Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Movies 2022


 Movies 2022

I love to go to the movies.  I don't necessarily like to watch movies at home but I love to watch them on the big screen. Going to the movies is always an event for me. I have become particularly fond of matinees.  it's a great way to spend the afternoon.


Tesla- What a mind! He was brilliant and troubled.

A Hologram For A King- It wasn't until I was half way through this movie that I realized I had already seen this movie.  I dont think I liked it the first time and I didnt like it the second time.

Rushmore- I've seen this movie before but it is a Wes Anderson movie so I am always up for watching his movies again and again and again.

Drive My Car- I left after an hour.  It was just too slow.  The movie was three hours long and the main female character was not even introduced until an hour in to the film.

Black Panther- too violent for my taste.

Tea With Four Dames- all fo these women are wonderful actresses.  But I dont think the director gave us enough of them.  There were too many silent pauses and empty moments.

Swims With Men- a British comedy that took me three attempts to finish watching it. And it was just OK.

The Fundamentals of Caring- terrible, terrible terrible. A waste of my time.

Unfit- the story of Trump's mental capacities. I didnt learn anything new, it just reaffirmed my view of Trump.

Margaret Atwood- this woman is a prolific write.

Lucy and Desi- a documentary on Lucille Ball.

Oscar Shorts- Documentaries- I liked most of them this year. usually, they are so depressing but this year wasnt too bad.  I hope the movie about the Queen of Basketball wins. (UPDATE-  this movie won.)

The Automat- this was a nostalagic documentary about the Horn & Hardhart Resturants.

Mountian Life- some people love to put themselves in very physically challanging situaitons.  I am not one of those people.

Summer of Soul- while I loved the music, I was fasinated by the fact that the performancers and musch of the audenience came dressed up for the show.  That gesture has changed tremenously in the last 50 years.

The Lost Daughter- she was one fucked up chick.

Fantastic Beast: The Secrets of Dumbledore- I love this series of moives.  I love the special effects, the tiny mythical animals and the scenery.  I am not always able to follow the plot.  I cant destinguish the good guys from teh bad guys.

Everything, Everywhere All At Once- this movie was dreadful.

Emenies of the State- a young man works for a fleating moment with Anonomyous and he found some top secret docuaments.  The FBI turned on him and fucked up his life.

Hillbilly- is the sterotype of the hillbilly fair? Is it demeaning? 

Raise Hell: The life of Molly Ivins- she was ballsy. And she made her mark.

VICE- OMG, I hate Cheney.

Woman At War- another ballsy woman who was willing to risk everything for the planet.

Finding Your Feet- it could have been funnier.

The Duke- I liked the quirky characters.

Montana Story- this was one fucked up family.

Eifel- the story behind builting the Eifel Tower.

The Deep End- a documentray about Teal Swan

Elvis- every time I watch a movie about the richa nd famous, I leave thankful that I am not rich and famous.

Mrs Harris Goes To Paris- a pleasnat chick flick.

The British Open movie

Father Goose- I first saw this movie in 1964 and it was fun to see the simplicity of film making in the 1960s.

My Old School- a guy tired to pass off as a high school student when he was really 32.

Vengenance- I liked this movie more than I thought I would.

Tar- bizzarre

Deep Water- there was a killing spree of gay men in the 1980s and not enough people thought this was criminal.

Blue Jasmine- This was the same theme as Tar.

Banshee- too gruesome for my taste.

She Said- Too many rich, powerful men have done so many deplorable acts against women.

A Separate Peace- this was a 1972 movie that I watched in high school and loved.  Now, it was a bit dull.

No comments: