Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Photo Review of 2022







 A Photo Review of 2022

PA, NV, UT, CO, OH, IL, IN, MO, AR, DC, DE, NJ, NY, VA, Ireland, UK, Barbados


January- I took a trip to Vegas and Utah with my brother and his family.  We had a great time exploring Zion NP,  the Coral Sands State Park and Valley of the Fire State Park.



February- I flew to Colorado in search of the Sand Hill Crane migration trail.  We searched for them for four wonderful days and thier presence thrilled me every time we saw them.  We were at the pond at 6 AM as they prepared to leave for the day and then we were back there as the sun was setting and they were settling in for the evening.  And in between time, we roamed the fields, looking for them.



March- I joined my friend, Sally, for her birthday on March 17, AKA St Patrick's Day.  I asked for a traditional Irish pour, a Half and Half- half Guiness and half Harp's Ale.  The waitress asked me if I wanted one of her signature H&H pours- Guiness and Alagash White Ale.  I tried it and I loved it.



April- I drove to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC.  This is something I have wanted to do for a number of years but never got around it.  Reprts from the news indicated that the flowers were beautifu this year and mid-April would be the peak moment. I was anxious to drive down there.  But I got there right after three intense days of rain and all of the blossoms had been washed away.  I didnt see a cherry blossom anywhere.  Next year, I am going to set out early in the season to see them.  Maybe I will have a better chance to see something.



MAY- We had a series of mass shooting which were devastqating this month.  We eneded the month with an elemanrtyr shooting that was so horrific that these little boides couldnt be identified.  They had to use DNA to identity these children.  This moment was so repulsove that I couldnt soothe myself. Somene told me about a rookery in Ocen City, NJ.  I went there and saw hundred of egrets, herons and ibis tending to their nests.  All of them had eggs whihc will probabbly hatch in the next month.  This site was just what I needed to see. The images of Madonna and Child restored my faith in the wolrd.  Life movies on in spite of a terrible tragedy.



June- My friends came in from Germany for two weeks.  Kirsten had been here many times before and when she comes to town, we go to Long Beach Island for a quick visit.  This visit was no different.  We headed there for three beautiful days. And we sat on the beach as much as possible. And we loved every minute of it.



July- I went to the Touchstone Craft Center in Farmington, PA to learn African Indigo Dying Techniques. It was a great week. I stayed in this cabin, in the woods, and spent the entire week as an artist.


August- Theo Calvin Yang is born. Deidre and Kevin are now parents. He weighed over 8 pounds and measured 22 inches.

September- I went to Ireland for ten days.  I've been there before but this time I made sure that I get to Belfast.







October- I had covid and it took the better part of the month for me to feel well again.

November- Quentin married Brielle Greenberg

December- Lauren married Mike Blake.

No comments: