Thursday, June 13, 2024

Red Clay Beach, MD

Red Clay Beach
Cecil County, MD
Elk Creek River
The Mouth of the Chesapeake Bay
Winer 2013

This beach was on the other side of the North East River, where I lived.  Maybe 50 people live around this beach. It was a creepy little area filled with rundown shacks that could be abd should be condemned. And then there are spatterings of newly renovated, expensive beach homes. Everyone who lives here, doesn't want the place to be discovered. The haves and the have-nots seem to be OK with this co-existence.

I had thought of buying a place here but I didnt have it in me to buy a place and them tear it down and rebuild.  So I bought something across the river.

But I liked to come to this beach in the winter, when the river was frozen and as the sun was setting because it was just beautiful.











 

No comments: