Saturday, May 25, 2024

My Best of 2019

 Facebook Post

Bridget E Kelly is feeling motivated.

January 14, 2020 
Shared with Public
My Best of 2019
Movies
On the Basis of Sex- the story of the notorious RBG
Wild Nights with Emily- finally, finally I found Emily Dickinson to be interesting.
Maiden- an inspiring story
Pavorita- what a talent
Peanut Butter Falcon- I loved, loved, loved this movie.
Books
Calypso- David Sedaris- I like everything he writes.
Nomadland- Jessica Bruder- this book frightened me. We are on the verge of a perfect storm of economic disaster.
When Breath Becomes Air- Abraham Verghese- this book was exquisite.
Just Kids- Patti Smith- the story of Patti Smith's relationhsip with Robert Maplethorpe.
Looking for Alaska- John Green- this book could be the 21 century Catcher in the Rye.
Music (that I discover this year)
Take This Heart- Mandolin Orange
Sometimes I Cry- Chris Stapleton
Fleeting One- First Aid Kit
In Hell, I'll Be in Good Company- Deep South
Wait- NoMBe
Podcasts
The First Day of School- 1960, New Orleans, espisode #128- The Kitchen Sisters
The Story of Jane- March 21, 2019- Radio Diaries
The Search for No Name Aporava, episodes #34 and 35- Snap Judgement
Pushed Out- Nov. 20, 2019- Reveal
We Come From Small Places- October 11, 2019, Act Two- This American Life
Michael Felton
Amazing list

Tiasha Tabassum
Looking for Alaska has also a tv series on Hulu released last year. I recommend you to watch it if you haven’t yet.
& I wish to read all the books you've mentioned here. Specially, Catcher in the Rye. Thanks for this wonderful list! 😊

Bridget E Kelly
Do you know anything about Catcher In The Rye? JD Salinger is one of my favorite authors. But this book is my least favorite book.

Tiasha Tabassum
'Paper Towns', 'The fault in our Stars', 'Will Grayson,Will Grayson'. 
I started reading his books after watching the movie 'The fault in our stars'. Such a tragic romance :')
Tiasha Tabassum
I hope you'll like his works! 😃
Michael Felton
The last black man in San Francisco is definitely on my list

Bridget E Kelly
Yea, I really enjoyed it. It would have made it to my top ten movies.
Cynthia Field
The Abraham Verghese book is one of my all-time favorite books!

Bridget E Kelly
I loved, loved, loved it. I listened to it and I was mesmerized.
Lauren Anderko
I love Chris Stapleton! Check this out if you haven’t already: https://youtu.be/Ql3Vz2642pk
Chris Stapleton - I Was Wrong (Austin City Limits Performance)
YOUTUBE.COM
Chris Stapleton - I Was Wrong (Austin City Limits Performance)
Chris Stapleton - I Was Wrong (Austin City Limits Performance)

Margaret Mannhaupt Steen
Peanut Butter Falcon at the top of my list!

Kitty Hall Hodinka
Have you read the book, Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson? We read it for book club and going to see the movie on Thursday. 
This Tender Land is one of my favs too.

Sharon Kelly Hake
Great list. Thanks for sharing.

No comments: