Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Texting With My Siblings

While on my way to Columbia, I fell at the Atlanta airport and did some damage to my shoulder. I didnt tell my family until I was back in my home.


SATURDAY'S DISCUSSION

 Me:   I want to start my text by telling you that I’m fine. But I had a bad fall at the Atlanta airport and had to be taken to the local hospital. I have a broken shoulder bone. I’m in a sling for six weeks and the PT. At this moment, there is no need for surgery but I do have to go to an orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. My pain today is less than yesterday. And it is a challenge to learn to be left handed for the next few weeks. Needless to say, my trip to Columbia is cancelled. But through it all, I'm in good spirits. Yesterday I had to depend on the kindness of strangers and everyone stepped up.

Kathy:  Oh, no! Are you still in Atlanta?

Sharon:  Tried ti call you. Maybe Pam Revie can help? 

Me:  Once I was released from the hospital around 4pm, I just wanted to go home. So I went back to the airport and with lots of help got a flight last night and I’m home.

Kathy :  I’m glad you are back home! You are a trooper!  Do you want to come here to be waited on and recuperate? 

Patricia :  What bone did you injure? 

Me:  Look, I dressed myself, just likes big girl. 

Sharon:  Loved an image   Looking good. And you sounded very good on the phone today. Let us know what we can do to help you. 💗🙏

Jim:  Let me know how I can help. 

Brian:  I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you


SUNDAY's DISCUSSION

Sharon:   Liked “But through it all, I'm in good spirits. Yesterday I had to depend on the kindness of Stranges and everyone stepped up.”   The patient looks pretty good. We stopped by Bridgets apartment today. 💗


MONDAY DISCUSSIONS

Me:  Feeling great!!!   Just got back from the orthopedic surgeon. At this moment, no surgery. But I’m not out of the woods yet. I go back next week and I get more x rays and a cat scan and reevaluated for the next few weeks 

Jim :  I'm glad you got checked out

Kathy :  That sounds promising. What do you do in  the interim?

Me:  I can not raise up my arm . So no pickle ball. 

Kathy :  No pickle ball!! Such a cruel fate!

Me:  Today, Tricia prepared the questions. Sharon asked the questions and I sat and listened.

Brian:   Beer flights can be a left- handed game

Me:   Regretfully, no beers until further notice. Life is hard. 

Brian :   That's inhumane. Who's your doctor, Kevorkian?


Bridget Kelly:  Reacted 😂 to “That's inhumane. Who's your doctor, Kevorkian?”

No comments: