Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Losing My Religion

 The more I travel, the more skeptical I become of organized religion. Everywhere I go, people seem convinced that they have found the one true faith and that competing beliefs are misguided or false. Yet from my perspective, every religion often appears no more or less credible than the others.

Of all the religions I have encountered, Hinduism strikes me as the most plausible. I am drawn to its belief that all living beings in the animal kingdom (and not just humans beings) are part of the spiritual journey and that growth continues across many lifetimes. The idea of reincarnation feels more just and compassionate to me than the concept of eternal damnation. If you make mistakes in this life, you are given another opportunity to learn, improve, and move closer to enlightenment rather than being condemned to hell for eternity.

No comments: