Friday, September 6, 2024

2024-Road Trip #9- Maplewood, NJ- August

 2024-Road Trip #9- Maplewood, NJ

August 31- September 1


  • I went to see Heather in her new home in Maplewood, NJ.  They left Philly in early summer and I miss them terribly.
  • Peter and Elliot gave me a tour of the house and they were so excited to show me their playroom and sunroom and bedroom.
  • The boys put on dreadful plays for us.  I remember subjecting my parents' friends to these moments. So I just sat and watched as they performed nonsensical skits.
  • We packed up the car and drove an hour to a brewery in NY, Drowned Land Brewery.  The beers were delicious and the boys could run all over the wide lawn as we enjoyed pizzas, beers and pretzel,
  • We went to an 8:15 PM drive in movie to see Despicable Me.  The kids loved it.  I loved their giggling.
  • In the morning, I had a nose bleed which was annoying.
  • We went to a vegan bakery for a pastry and a coffee (with oat milk).
  • We spent about an hour at a nearby park where Peter picked up a few friends and Elliot tried to entertain himself.
  • At one point, I asked Peter if he knew his friend's name which he didn't so I suggested that he ask this kid what was his name. Peter walked over the the kid and told him that "Bridget, Mom and Dad want to know your name."  He then pointed to us and told the kid, "They are really nice." I wanted to kiss him.
  • We went back to the house and I was just about to leave when I got yet another nose bleed.  Heather sat with me in the back yard as I tried to get this thing under control. But it was a body mess.
  • I got out of town just as soon as my nose stopped bleeding.

No comments: