Friday, January 20, 2023

New Hampshire


New Hampshire


In 2002, I worked in public education so I always had a spring break for a few days in March.  I would go to a different state each year.  But this year, I drove all the way up to Maine and drove through Vermont and New Hampshire. I don't remember much of this visit.

In 2021 I drove here to go to a brewery to meet my brewery in every state goal.  I stumbled upon Smuttynose Brewery which has always been a favorite of mine.  I found a picnic table outside and as I was enjoying my flight, I pushed myself in to the conversation of the couple at the next table.  And they were from Philadelphia.  So we spent the first ten minutes trying t  find a common denominator of neighborhoods and visited landmarks. This turned out to be a fun conversation.

I stayed in a hotel that overlooked the beach.  There is only 7 miles of beach in NH so every inch of it is encumbered with commerce of some sort.  I have never seen so much land usage in my life.

No comments: