Sunday, January 15, 2023

10 Biggest Regrets


10 Biggest Regrets

What have I done that has been a hinderance to mynlife.  When have I been counter productive?


 1- I had a Honda element car and never converted it in to car camper.  I bought this car so that I could travel cross country and I never did.  I am an idiot.

2- I didn’t study abroad when I was in college. I had too much fun at college to go abroad.  But I think this experience would have made me a better risk taker.

3- I didn’t join any clubs in college. I wish I had worked with the radio station and was on the concert committee. Acquiring these skills would have opened up other skills for me.

4 I was always good at saving my money but I was not good at investing my money. I trusted my investmaent guy to have my back and my money sat in my accounts when they should have been making more interest for me. I was too naive.

5- I bought too much stuff throughout my life. Mostly I started buying things when I finally had a car. My car allowed me to go shopping whenever I was bored, stressed, annoyed, unfocused. 

6-  I let my weight creep up on my and didn't address the issue when I was 5 pounds heavier. I should have been on top of it.  Now, I am overwhelmed.

7-  There have been too many times in my life when I shoud have "cooled my head and warmed my heart" (James Taylor).  I've taken too many things too personally and I wish I had had a thicker skin at those times.

8- I've met a lot of good people slip out of my life. I've always been a good friend.  I've met a lot of good people.  And I wish I had made better efforts to make freindships with these people.

9- I don't read as much as I should.

10- I waste too much of my time.  I let whole days slip away from me.  I am lazy.  I hide in my own world.  I could have been so much more productive in my life. My mother made every day count.  I dont make all of my days count.  I have had great, big moments.  But I need to step up and have more small moments.

No comments: