Friday, September 22, 2023

Florida

Florida
The Sunshine State
The state I will not visit in the summer
Even in the winter, it is too damn hot

VISITS:


Key West- 1977- I went here during college spring break.

Orlando- 1991- I had a conference here and someone gave me a day pass to Disney World.

Key West- 2010- my friend, Cessie, turned 60 and threw a party for herself. I also went to he Everglads National Park.

Key West- 2013- my friends own a time share right on the bay. I came down for the week.

Clearwater- 2015- I went to visit my friend Jane and she introduced me to the creepy presence of Scientology.  They seemed to have taken over the town of St Petersburg and they give off a frightening vibe.

Cape Coral 2017- I went to visit Jaye and Dom for the week.

Cape Coral- 2018- I went to visit Jay and Dom for the week.

Cape Coral- 2019- I went to visit Jaye and Dom.  They hang on the Gulf side.

Cape Coral 2020- In February, I  went to Florida this year with Lauren.  We drove to visit Jaye and Dom for a few days and then we went on a cruise to the Caribbean.  I came back to visit with Jaye and Dom in March and there was lots of discussion of covid and a lockdown.

Cape Coral 2021- I drove to Florida this year because of covid.  I didn't want to fly in a plane. We went to Edison's museum.  What a mind.

No comments: