Friday, September 1, 2023

September 2022



September 2022

Our FPOTUS/Spy Still Roams Free

And The Queen is Dead

PA, DE, UK, Ireland


1- TH- PA/DE

This day always makes me sad.  It's the end of the summer and it always shows up too quickly.

I hung with Annum in Newark, DE. She is miserable. She is homesick.  She can't find a job.  She has no friends. She's going through her money. Every day life is setting in and she isn't happy abut it.

Mike bought me beers from MO and Aldi. We sat in the courtyard and drank it in the evening.  Kevin and Joann came down and joined us.

2- F- PA

I stayed in bed all day, trying to convince myself that I was sick. I think I have some consipatation in honor of Steve’s blocked intestine. 

Tweet: Lindsay Graham’s dangerous comments about riots in the streets left Biden with no other choice than to step up and give his speech. LG is baiting the MAGAs just as Trump did before Jan6. The MAGAs constant call for civil war has to stop. #BidenDelivers

Tweet: Trump doesn’t even have any type of security clearance that would allow him to possess any top secrets. #EmptyFolders

3- SA- PA

I texted Deb and Lisa to see if they wanted to go to a brewery.  They were up for it which surprised me so then I had to hussle to get ready to get togehter with them. We went to the Ten7 brewery. (1) The food was great. The atmosphere was pleasant. A great band performed. The beers were mediocre. 

I met another Bd goal- Miss Winnie's Jamacian Resturant- the food was shit and I would never go back there again.  But I can't bring myself to give it a bad review on Yelp becasue it's a small business.  But they need to step up on the quality of thier food and service and atmosphere.

4- SU- PA

It was a beautiful, sunny day so I went swimming in the pool.  The air was comfortable. Getting in to the water was a bit of a challenge.  But once I was in, it was ok. A family showed up with the cutest little boy who seemed inamored with me.  He waved to me, pointed at me and babbled at me.

I cleaned my apartment and can’t understand why my place is so damn dirty. 

I found some flip flops that I haven't worn for two years because of my plantar faciiticis. As I tried them on, I realized my my heel pain is finally gone. But then I don't beleive how loose these flip flops were and decided not to wear them becasue they didn't offer enough support.  They didn't offer enough protection from stubbing my toes.  They were too easy to slip in them.  And then I realized that I am an old lady and my flip flop days are over.  I hate getting old.

5- M-PA/DE

Annum and I went to Rehobeth Beach for the day

She had no bathing suit so I gave her one of mine which surprisingly fit her.

Annum wanted to know "Why are there no dogs on the street?"  At firt I wasn't sure wat she meant but she was talking about the feral dogs that are so prominant in the streets of Bangladesh. It was difficult for her to understand that we dont have stray dogs.

6- TU- PA

I got my second shot for my knee. Omg, I feel great. 

It rained all day. I was going to spend the day at the pool but that didn't happen. And actually, not much happened at all today.

I met Sharon in the lounge to tell her about my day at the beach.  Steve showed up. He just wandered in to the lounge.  He showed me his scare. He left and sent Phyliss down to chat with us.  I think Steve's stay in the hospiatl has unnerved her.  She seemed very scattered in her thinking. Debbie showed up as well and we chatted for about an hour. 

After leaving the lounge, I went up to my apartment and drank two DIPA beers.  They were delicious.  But I paid a price.  I threw up three times during the night.  It was brutal. I haven't done this since my cancer which I wanted to blame as the cause of bout of vomitting.

Tweet: I paid $3.51 for gas today!!!

7- W- PA

I sat in the lounge for the afternoon.  I checked in with Andreann because I heard that she is leaving us for another job.  This will be a big loss to our community.  I hate to see her go but she is getting a job just a few minutes away form her home.

Steve joined me and he is really hurting.  His ten days in the hospital has left him in bad shape.

My final brooaches from the artist in Ukraine have arrived.  And that is enough.  I bought a dragonfly, a moth, a bird, two females, two bats and a dog pin and a christmas ornamnet from her.  I love her work but thats enough.

Sharon E and I went to Dolce Zola Resturant for dinner- BG#10.  I had the chicken piccata and loved it.  But I think its the sauce and the capers that I love so much.

When I got home, I had a conversation with Sharon.  It appears as if Annum is self-destructing and is compleltey unaware of it.  She is on a full academic scholarship and she is dropping courses. She may be on academic probation which she hasnt told me but she doesnt have to tell me if she doesnt want to do so. But she is being careless with this opportunity.

8- TH- PA

The Queen is dead.  After 70 years on the throne, she died this morning.  I wonder how Prince Charles will do as the new King of England.

I ushed for the movie, My Old School, at the Uptown Theatre. What a bizarre story.  A 32 year old man couldnt make it in to medical school becasue he was too old.  So he enrolled in a high school as a senior from Canada and wanted to try to get in through that route.  It' a true story but really unbeleiveable.

9- F- PA

It's Sharon's birthday.  She is 66.  Damn, we are all getting old.

Today is the first day with King Charles II.  I can't imagine getting this demanding job at 74 years old. The whole world is watching as England begins to lay Queen Elizabeth to rest.

I had tickets for the Free At Noon Concert at the World cafe/ Shemeaka Copeland- BD Goal #11.  I asked five people to join me and tehy all turned me down so I went by myself and loved it.  I dont know why I dont do this more often.

As I was leaving the parking lot, I saw that I nearly had a flat tire.  My back tire was down to just 10 pounds of pressure.  So I filled it with a commitment to pay attention to it.

On the way hope, I stopped at the Human Reboot Brewery (2) .  Someone had recommended this brewery but I didnt like the place.  They don't do flight so I could only try two beers and nither of them were outstanding. There was a sandwich place inside the brewery and I loved this place. I had the Dick, a ribeye cheese steak with hot peppers. . My eyes were watering. My nose was running. My ears were tingling. My stomach was burning. And I could hardly wait to finish it. 

On the way home, I stopped at BMFI and watched a movie, Vengenance.  It was intriguing and I can't tell if I liked it or not.  I would have rewritten parts of it as some of the story was too weak.

10- SA- PA

It's a gorgeous day, so I texted Sharon to see if she wanted to meet somewhere outside to celebrate her birthday. We met for flunch at the Dock Street Brewery (3).  While I have always liked this place, I am finished with it as of today.  They don't do flights anymore. So I can't try as many beers as I would like. I had to carry my own beers to my outside table and I wanst given a tray so I had to make two trips. We ordered two sandwiches and the bill came to $45 with a $9 tip.  The waitress brought us two plates.  She never bussed out table and we were sitting outside so we were attracting flies.  So we had to bus our oun table. And my overly generus tip ruined the visit.

But we still had fun.  I have been buying these whimsptic pins from a woman in Ukraine.  I thought about giving Sharon one of the pins as a birthday gift but I was a bit hesitant.  I hate to push my style of jewerly on people.  So I decided to wear a similar pin on my jacket and I would show it to Sharon and if she expressed any interest, I would give her a pin.  The moment she saw me, she commented on my pin and said she wanted one.  So I pulled a pin out of my purse and we were both so happy that she loved the pin.

Later in the day, I spent some time watching numerous vidoes of Queen Elizabeth and I found myself enthralled with the pageantry of the moment.

11- SU- PA

Sally texted me and asked if I wanted to watch the Eagles' game this afternoon.  I have no interest in the game but I have been so lethargic that I decided to go.  So, I brought several beers so that I could have a beer tasting at Stacey’s house.  And the tasting was a big hit.  I had a milk stout, two pumpkin ales, a milkshake hazy IPA, a summer wheat ale and a bock.  It was fun to watch and hear everyone's reactions to the different beers.

In the midst of our discussion, someone mentioned a visit to Jake's, the local dive bar. As we looked up thier hours of operation, we saw that they had posted that it was permanently closed.  We were all saddened and filled with disbelief.  How could this institution be closed.  So I voluenteered  to go there tomorrow to get to the bottom of the situation.  Thats the beauty of being retired.  You can waste your time on friviolus activities.

Twitter: I hope all these stories of Russian soldiers retreating are true. #Ukraine

12- M- PA

 I went looking for Jake's Bar and found it opened. They are usually closed on Sundays and the owner must have screwed up on thieir closing post.  Anyway, its alive and well. So I texted the three people from yesterday and suggested that we meet here right after Sally got off work.  But everyone was too tired and worn out from drinking yesterday.  Si they all turned me down and I was annoyed.  I should have just gone in there on my own and had a beer.  But Ididnt, I came back to my apartment.

For dinner, I went to Timothy’s cafe-BD Goal #12. The pace is dreadful:  bland food, boring atmosphere, unappealing. 

At 10:30 PM, I went to the airport with Dom.  He had agreed to pick up Shelly but her flight was delayed so he had to go much later than planned.  Debbie wasnt comfrotable with him going so late so I volunteered to go with him.  At first he turned down my offer.  But my the time I got back up to my apartment, he texted me ans asked if I would hjoin him.  Debbie must have badgered him to let me go with him.  And we had fun.

President Trump has been speaking for 90 minutes and the crowd is loving every second of it, Joe Biden could never do this!
3,923
16.6K

13- TU- PA

I got my final shot in my right knee and I am so damn relieved, no more pain and I don't have to worry about being in pain for my trip to Ireland.

My tire has a slow leak. Damn.  I just filled it on Friday and it is noticably down again.

I spent the afternoon in the lounge.  Steve, Bob, Sharon and Connie wandered through. Of course, we spent most of our time discussing poltical issues.

14- W- PA

I was up at 8:30 AM and at AAA to get my tire leak fixed. Two hours later, they called to tell me that I had no leak, I just had low tire pressure.  When I told the guy that I had filled my tire twice in the last three days, he told me he would get back to me.  Fout hours later, they called to say they found the leak and I wasnt charged for their services. That's sloppy work.

On the way home, I walked in to the Westminister Thrift Shop- BD Goal #13- it was smelly, dull, broken and uninteresting.  Maybe I will donate some of my things there.

We had another cocktail party in the lounge. The crowd lasted about an hour but Kevin and I hung in the courtyard until it got dark.  And then we hung with two young men, Todd and Austin, who were beer kooks so I had a spantaneous beer testing.  I thin I have two new beer friends.

15- TH- PA

I booked my trip to Las Vegas for Lauren's wedding. I leave on December 3 and come back on the 7th.  I'm staying at the same place I stayed last January.

There is a jazz concert at Uptown. I ushered and for some reason, one of the new ushers got on my nerves so I left early.  I was feeling a bit nauseous so that was enough reason for me to leave.

16- F- PA

It was a beautiful day for a drive so I went to Lancaster to go to the Tattered Flag Brewery (4).  It's a pour your own brewery and it was fun to try as much or as little as I wanted.

I tried my VooDoo Ranger Pumpkin spice ale. I can’t even drink it because it is so damn spicey. They must have put halebeno peppers in this batch. I poured my beer in to my flowers.

Twitter: My two trump supporting nephews with student loans aren’t aware of Biden’s college loan forgiveness program. Listening to Fox News is expensive.

17- SA- PA

I stopped by El limon Mexican resturant- BD#14- for lunch.  The food was good and reasonable. It's a tiny resturant that must do a good takeout service.  It definalety is not a place where people come here to eat.

Buying food for the barbacue was a challenge.  I just do not know what the hell I am doing.

18- SU- PA

I woke up to the news that Sally fell and broke her hip.  I wanted to throw up.

Theo had his naming ceremony today.  His grandparetns picked his name: Yang

Jameson came home from Kenya today.  He's been there since lasst November on a secret mission with the Natinal Guard.  I hope this last assignment is enough to get him to quit the military.

We are having our smoking barbaque (BG#15) today and it has been quiet an effort to organize this damn event. Ive included this event as one of my birthday goals becasue this is the first time in 5 years that I have used the grill.

19- M- PA

Today is my final packing day. And I have no enthusiam for my trip tomorrow. Stacey checked in with me and said Sally is not respoonding to her texts.  This breaks my heart.

Jaye texted me to tell me that she got some good news on her liver scans. The tumor is shrinking and surgery is a possibility if it continues to shrink.

I got to speak to Sally and she sounded like one beaten up, old bitch. I told her that I planned on going to Ireland again on March 17, 2023. She seemed somewhat relieved to hear that Ireland is still a possibility for her. She is determined to light a candle for her mother.

I finished my packing and I am pretty damn proud of myself.  I don't think my back pack weighs 10 pounds.  I can't believe what a good job I did.  I was so happy that I came down to the lounge, with my bag, to show people and no one I knew was down there.  So I just interrupted a man watching the Eagle's game and showed him. He seemed genuinely impressed.

20- TU- PA

I leave for Ireland tonight and I am filled with agitation. I can't soothe myself as I really don't want to go on this trip. I just feel so bad for Sally.

KF called me to discuss our high school reunion. I am the unofficial dictator of the class.  I try to shake off this role but my classmates always come back to me and I answer their questions so I only have myself to blame.

Four years ago today, I travelled to Wales. Six years ago I was headed to Germany for the Octoberfest.  

21- W- UK- Belfast

I arrvied in Dublin around 9 AM.  Getting through customs was effortless and I has outside and looking for a bus to Belafst by 10.  I was in Belfast by 1 and my hotel wouldnt let me in until 3 and I was exhausted.  A barteneder found a corner in the bar and told me to rest there until my room was available.  She brought me out a delcious sandwich and a beer that sparkled and tasted great.  I was quite content.

22- TH- UK- Belfast

My Black Taxi Tour was fantastic.  I am completely unaware of how much animosity there still in in Northern Ireland.

In the late afternoon, I strolled through the Botanic gardens.

23- F- UK/Ireland

After breakfast, I headed to Dublin to meet up with my group.  We had originally planned to meet at the Temple Bar and drink all afternoon.  But I called them in the USA yesterday and suggested that this might be too ambitous of a plan, considerieng how tired they would be. So we decided to just meet up at our hotel and find some local bars.

It poured rain as I went to find my group. They were already in a bar, half liquored up and happy to ne in Ireland.

24- SA- Ireland- Dublin

Our tour starts today. We met at 2 PM and had a driving tour of Dublin. We visited the Dublin Catherdral, but only the exterior.

We went to an evening show at the Ploughboys' Pub.  There was live music and Irish dancing, free guines and irish coffees.  I drank too much but free liquor will do that to me.

25- SU- Ireland- Kilarreny

Our first stop today was the Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone.  I chose not to climb to the top becasue I've already done that and it is overrated.  But I did buy a beautiful blue sweater.

Our guide told us that we had to meet him back at the bus at "tree tirty" (3:30) and we all laughed at his expense.

Killarrney is a great little Irish village.  I think I could spend a few days here and just wander the streets and look at irish knit sweaters and drink beer.

I think all of these stout beers are killing me. They are too filling.  I am going to have to see if they have half pint pours.

26- M- Ireland- Killarney

Killarreney

dog show

monk monetary/

27- TU- Ireland- Limerick

It's raining and visiblity is low ans today is our day to visit the Cliffs of Moher. And it was a miserable experience. We had a medieval dinner at Bunratty Castle.

28- W- Ireland- Limerick/Galway

A driver came to pick us up and take us to Galway.  But he agreed to take us to the Cliffs of Moher along the way.  It was beautiful and sunny as we were leaving town.  but then it started to rain and I was agraid that we were going to have a repeat of yesterday.  But by the tome we got to the cliffs, it was sunny and beautiful.

It was dinner time by the time we got to Galway so we walked up to the resturant area and went looking for a place for dinner. And it was an effort to find a place.  Finally, we settled on the Front Door and I had yet another delicious bowl of seafoo soup and Shepard's pie. What a great meal.

29- TH- Ireland- Galway

We have a free day today but I am going nowhere as I feel awful. Yesterday, Abbey and Erin both mentioned that they thought they had tonsilitis.  Stacey has been complaining about a sore throat. And I woke up with a sore throat and fatigue.  I think I have covid and that will piss me off.

I listeded to my audiobook, Say Nothing, which tells the stories of the Troubled Times in Ireland.  I am overwhelmed with this take on the IRA soldiers who were admired by me and others in the 1970s and 80s and now they are portrayed as nothing but murderers.

Midafternoon, I got up and made it to a pharmacy to get some flu medication.  I felt lousy.  I had chills and fatigue and i could barely make it back to our AirBnB and get back in bed.

Erin stopped in to see me and to tell me that she and Abbey have covid.

30- F- Ireland/USA

It's a travel day today. We head home in the late afternoon and will arrive in Philly around 730 PM. It's a day of hurry up and wait. And I feel like shit and just want to get home and get in to my own bed.


No comments: