Monday, June 24, 2024

Boats and Floats

Boats and Floats

I have an obsession.  I buy lots of things that float on water. I love, love, love to float in the water.  I could spend hours in the water, just floating.  I can't swim and I don't like to move around in the water.  I just like to float. As so at one time in my life, I had all of the following:

  • Blue Lagoon-a large, circular float that accomodated 8 adults.  it popped after ten years.
  • Blue Lagoon II- a large, square float that accomodated 6 adults. I cut it up and threw it away.  It was too big to manage.
  • 14 Ft sailboat
  • 1917 Ceder Canoe
  • 1965 Boy Scout canoe- I eventually gave it to a man who was managing my house while I was teaching in China.
  • 12 ft sit in kayak- I still have it but I don't use it enough.
  • 14 ft ocean sit on kayak- I gave it to Melissa
  • 10 ft sit in kayak
  • 6 ft, kid's sit on kayak
  • 12 ft, tandem, inflatable kayak- eventually, I gave it to my young neighbors who were so grateful.
  • 7 ft yellow, inflatable kayak- I traded it for a composite wooden paddle

No comments: